Thursday, 12 April 2012

Designing Women - post war British textiles


janefosterblog.com
culturecompass.co.uk

I went to see the Designing Women exhibition at the Fashion and Textiles Museum in Bermondsey yesterday which was a delight! I would recommend it to anyone with a penchant for the 50's and the wonderful colours that come with the post war surface designs. Displaying the well known designs of Lucienne Day and Marian Mahler and by lesser known (or at least to me!) designers such as Mary White - whose designs I thought were the strongest, it was an inspiring morning...I am ready to get drawing!
Also twinned with this exhibition was one displaying a collection of printed hankerchief squares from the 1920s - 1950's which is worth a look in at too while you are there.

1 comment:

clochart said...

Charming and inspiring... Do youknow if there is a catalogue to buy on the internet? I am from Italy.... :-)