Saturday, 7 July 2012

Museum of Brands and Packaging




I went to the Museum of Brands and Packaging again yesterday and found it just as thrilling and sickening as last time. I am simultaneously in awe and completely jealous of the collection and the design which makes the whole experience a bit stressful because my brain can't take in everything fast enough. You can't take photos though which is a good encouragement to SLOW DOWN and enjoy it - I made lots of sketches that make little sense now...

This time some of my favourites included: The Royal Family Souvenir in a nutshell (literally a photo concertina book in a nutshell), The Valentines Glo Brite buttons for blackout (they looked like glow in the dark medals), an old Kia Ora bottle in it's point of sale stand and lastly a handmade felt Felix the cat of nightmares...

No comments: