Sunday, 14 October 2012

The Fry Gallery





Yesterday I had a sunny and crisp day trip to Saffron Walden to drop off some prints and have a look around the Fry Gallery (and every bookshop in the town). An absolutely wonderful collection of works by some of my favourite artists (I particularly enjoyed seeing Bawden's Fortnum and Mason work in the flesh) and 'The Fry Menagerie' a temporary exhibition showing works carefully (and brilliantly) selected by Mark Hearld from the permanent collection, that represent animals in some way. I feel refreshed and inspired and want to take up wood engraving. Here are a few of my favourite pieces on show from both the permanent and temporary exhibitions. Images from the Fry Art Gallery website. (Rothernstein, Cheese, Bawden, Hoyle, Ravillious)

No comments: